forwarder is ignored when authoritative zone is added

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:56:18 UTC 2012

The one thing I can think of off the top of my head is to ensure the child
subdomain is properly delegated in the parent. If you try to zone level
forward a child domain on a server that loads the parent it will ignore the
forward if  it can see the child doesn't exist as a true delegation.
I assume the logic is, why would I forward a subdomain I know doesn't exist.

-Ben Croswell