transparent DNS load-balancing with a Cisco ACE

Michael Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Thu Oct 25 17:30:05 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----

From: jagan padhi <jagan.padhi at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:21 PM
To: DNS BIND <bind-users at isc.org>
Subject: Re: transparent DNS load-balancing with a Cisco ACE

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to configure BIND for IPV4 and IPV6 in the same server?
>
>Regards,
>Jagan

Yes, we've been doing that since world IPv6 day.  BIND supports it, but
there are also best practices you'll want to follow when it comes to
serving via IPv6 externally.  You can Google for a lot of related
discussion.

Right now about 50% of our external services are exposed via IPv6, and all
internal DNS clusters are available via IPv4 and IPv6 as load balanced
VIPs (note: I am talking about hosted services / acquisitions, not just
cisco.com).  We've been happy with the results.