dhcpd

Dwayne Hottinger dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Thu Oct 18 12:42:30 UTC 2012

I recently setup a new dhcp server.  In my logfiles yesterday I noticed the
following message:

 BOOTP from dynamic client and no dynamic leases

I checked the mac addresses of these clients and thus far they are all
ipads, ipods or iphones.  These devices have gotten ip's in the past.  In
my dhcpd.conf file I have:  deny dynamic bootp clients; .  I see that Im
handing out IP's for for the subnets, and my range should be plenty big.
Has anyone else seen these messages with ipods, ipads or iphones?   We have
quite a few of these devices on the network now and I want to ensure that
they work correctly.   Im running dhcpd version 3.0.5 built from rpm on
Centos 6.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator