error (unexpected RCODE REFUSED) resolving

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 18:52:34 UTC 2012

On Oct 12 2012, Kevin Darcy wrote:

>OK, so your nbc.com/A resolving error doesn't really have anything to do
>with the nameservers you included in your original post.
>
>It does appear, however, that ns2.netbcp.net (205.173.93.213) is
>refusing requests generally for the nbc.com domain:

And so is ns1.netbcp.com [205.173.95.216]. The ultradns servers are
behaving more sensibly. The SOA.mname is ns.ge.com [156.154.67.6],
a hidden[*] master which also gives sensible and authoritative answers.

[*] not *very* hidden :-)

Incidentally, I get a SIGSEGV when going "host -C nbc.com", which does
seem to happen when the nameservers for a zone behave abnormally. This
time I have got around to reporting it to bind9-bugs.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk