Partial forwarding.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed May 30 13:08:14 UTC 2012

On 30.05.12 04:03, Stephen James wrote:
>We have a lab setup where we are testing a customer configuration but do not
>have all of the same equipment.
>Is it possible to have a bind server that resolves certain FQDNs in a zone,
>while forwarding the remaining to another DNS?

not with BIND. Bind either forwards, or resolves. If it resolves, it is
authoritative - if it does not have the answer, then the answer does
not exist.  You can use lightweight DNS servers like dnsmasq that can
locally resolve some hosts and forward all the rest.

10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!