forwarders

Amira Othman a.othman at cairosource.com
Mon May 28 10:49:04 UTC 2012

Hi all

I configured bind9 on centos 5.8 server that has postfix mail server running
on. When I added my ISP DNS ips to forwarders the mail server stopped
sending mails and gives me DNS error

requires that all mail servers must have a PTR record with a valid Reverse
DNS entry. Currently your mail server does not fill that requirement.

But I didn't change mail server configuration and its MX record points to
one of ISP DNS as I am still using their DNS. What's wrong on my
configuration or what's missing?

I also can't nslookup my DNS server although I added reverse zone in my
zones. Should I have PTR in registrar also or it's just in my DNS server?

Regards