dlz_dlopen plug-in for ENUM from LDAP

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Thu May 17 16:58:47 UTC 2012

I've recently released a dlz ENUM module for the bind9 nameserver:

   http://www.opentelecoms.org/dlz-ldap-enum

Basically, it handles ENUM queries from repro, FreeSWITCH, Kamailio,
Asterisk, Lumicall, etc, searches for the phone number in LDAP, and if
found, returns the email address as both a SIP address and Jabber
address (NAPTR records)

This should make it even easier than ever before to get federated VoIP
up and running using email addresses interchangeably with phone numbers.
 If the data already exists in LDAP as an address book, then just
installing this module is sufficient to get up and running.

This code is based on the dlz_ldap code in bind 9.8.0.  Looking through
the git repo it is possible to see how to adapt the statically linked
dlz_ldap to work as a dlz_dlopen module, completely dynamically.

I'd be interested in any feedback about the way it has been implemented.

Regards,

Daniel