erros in logs

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Fri May 11 11:31:43 UTC 2012

Ben wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we using ipv4 network for our customers and all.By the way, we
> do not block any ipv6 , so why we got ipv6 resolution as network
> unreachable in logs?

BIND believes your OS has IPv6 and tries to use it.

One option for disabling use of IPv6 in BIND is to tell BIND that it
shouldn't even try to use IPv6 (start the "named" command with option
"-4").

If you're using for example RHEL / CentOS with the vendor-provided RPMs,
you can do this by editing /etc/sysconfig/named and adding/editing this
line:

OPTIONS="-4"

Regards
Eivind Olsen