measuring dns query

Daniel Migault mglt.biz at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:38:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

Maybe you are looking for dnsperf and resperf [1]. We have done some
tests similar to these in [2] and [3], so maybe it helps. Replaying
captures of traffic may also be recommended especially to consider, for example,
queries with no answers. At least for DNSSEC this matters.

[1] http://www.nominum.com/resources/measurement-tools
[2] http://www.iepg.org/2010-11-ietf79/iepg79-mglt.pdf
[3] http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~lauren_m/articles/Migault-CNSM2010.pdf

BR
Daniel

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM, PFUnix Mail <pfunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> all,
>
> im looking for a way to measure dns queries and am looking for an opensource solution if possible. any suggestions?
>
> i want to measure the time it takes for 1DNS query in bind vs. dns Active-Directory integrated.
>
> thanks,

Daniel Migault
Orange Labs / Security Lab
+33 (0) 1 45 29 60 52