Help for

baalchina baalchina at gmail.com
Tue May 8 06:14:00 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,
I am new here, and I want to ask a question about setting up a windows
server as sub domain dns under bind.

I have a bind working now for my domain, and I want to setting up Active
Directory domain. I set up a new domain, such as mynau.cn

Here is my bind config file:

*zone "mynau.cn" {*
*        type master;*
*        file "mynau.host";*
*        allow-update { none; };*
*};*

and here is mynau.host:

*$TTL 36400*
*@       IN      SOA     ns1             root (*
*                        2012052932      ;serial*
*                        1H              ;refresh*
*                        15M             ;retry*
*                        1W              ;expire*
*                        86400 )         ;default_tll*
*@       IN      NS      ns1*
*@       IN      NS      ns2*
*ns1     IN      A       210.28.92.150*
*ns2     IN      A       210.28.92.151*
*test2   IN      A       210.28.92.152*

And I installed a Windows Server 2008 R2 DNS in 210.28.92.150 as
ns1.mynau.cn, add an A record for test.mynau.cn as 1.1.1.1

I tried nslookup in my Windows Server, like this:

> test.mynau.cn
服务器:  ns1.mynau.cn
Address:  210.28.92.150

名称:    test.mynau.cn
Address:  1.1.1.1

So, you can find everything works fine.

But in my bind server:

*C:\Users\baalchina>nslookup*
*默认服务器:  dns1.nau.cn*
*Address:  210.28.92.7*
*
*
*> test.mynau.cn*
*服务器:  dns1.nau.cn*
*Address:  210.28.92.7*
*
*
**** dns1.nau.cn 找不到 test.mynau.cn: Non-existent domain*
*> ns1.mynau.cn*
*服务器:  dns1.nau.cn*
*Address:  210.28.92.7*
*
*
*名称:    ns1.mynau.cn*
*Address:  210.28.92.150*
*
*
*> set type=ns*
*> mynau.cn*
*服务器:  dns1.nau.cn*
*Address:  210.28.92.7*
*
*
*mynau.cn        nameserver = ns1.mynau.cn*
*mynau.cn        nameserver = ns2.mynau.cn*
*ns1.mynau.cn    internet address = 210.28.92.150*
*ns2.mynau.cn    internet address = 210.28.92.151*
*>*

So:

   1. In down level Windows, everything is OK.
   2. In upper level dns(bind), ns record, and A record of nameserver is
   fine.
   3. But A record in WIndows Server can not resolved by upper level BIND.

I think maybe I have to do something in my windows server to "connect"
windows with linux bind?

Thank you, and sorry for my poor English, hope you can understand.

:lol

--
from:baalchina