How to reset the serial number?

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Mar 27 12:10:10 UTC 2012

--

William Brown
Messaging and Core Hosted Application Technical Teams
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES
(716) 821-7285

Chuck Swiger wrote on 03/26/2012 02:35:24 PM:

> Shut down the slave server(s).
> Use scp or rsync to copy over the zone file, one with a corrected serial
#.
> Restart the slave server(s).

If I have access to the slave, I just deleted slave zone and issue "rndc
reload".  It will transfer the missing zone.

Several advantages:

No need to shut down slave.
Less typing/less chance to mis-type something.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.