Loadbalance caching dns server

trm asn trm.nagios at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:15:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Stefan Certic <stefan at routotelecom.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That can be achieved using iptables:
>
> iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
> nth --counter 0 --every N --packet 0 -j DNAT --to-destination
> 192.168.1.98:53
> iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
> nth --counter 0 --every N --packet 1 -j DNAT --to-destination
> 192.168.1.99:53
>
> Where N represent packet number.
>
> Regards,
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM, trm asn <trm.nagios at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> Is there any mechanism to load balance Caching-DNS server. For example..
>>
>> Cache-DNS1 : 192.168.1.98
>> Cache-DNS2: 192.168.1.99
>>
>> Client : 192.168.1.199
>>
>> When  192.168.1.199 send 10 request to query cache-dns then this 10
>> request will be send to each Cache-DNS server with a load balance method.
>> Each server will get 5 requests.
>>

>> /\
>> TRM
>>
>> _

Requirement is slightly different.

The client's request can go to any of the Caching server. If one of the
Caching server down, then also it should serve the request from 2nd server.
Is there any way where I can configure the VIP and that VIP will
communicate to the down stream both the caching dns server. So the client
will be configured with VIP in resolve.conf file.

/\
TRM