DNS requests error sending response: host unreachable

Romgo romgo at free.fr
Mon Mar 12 15:09:47 UTC 2012

Dear community,

I do have many error in my Bind's log file such as :

client 192.168.201.1#29404: error sending response: host unreachable

It seems that I have an iptables issue as each time I shut iptables I don't
have anymore this message showing up.

I saw that my firewall is dropping packets from the DNS server itself
towards the client, as the source port is SPT=53/UDP.

I am using bind 9.6, it should use random port >1024 for the source port.
(I didn't specify query-source parameter).

Nevertheless dns resolution seems to be working find.

Any idea ?

Regards,