reverse dns for IPV6 ranges

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 9 07:58:47 UTC 2012

On 05.03.12 22:19, hugo hugoo wrote:
>But if only some IP have e reverse..what about the other server who
>have received an IP in the range?  Ip that can be changed every x
>hours.  IF no reverse, it can be blacklisted for some reasons or
>having some problems with services asking a reverse dns resolution.

Working with reverse DNS and blacklist records in the IPv6 is something
very different from IPv4. Each end user will get mote IPs than whole
IPv4 internet has, and it's easy to

while you _can_ set up IPv6 reverse DNS records, you should not think
of them same way as you did in IPv4.

SpamHaus has some recommendations related to IPv6 in order to avoid
overhauling DNS when abusive client changes IPs to abuse servers.
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.