Master/slave configuration

Romgo romgo at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 16:15:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

thanks for the answer. That was my first change :
/etc/resolv.conf like :

domain example.fr
search example.fr example2.fr
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 192.168.0.2
options rotate
options timeout:1
options attempts:1

This works fine.

But the issue is now mainly coming from the client : windows XP :/
The default Windows timeout is 2s.

I can see in bind's logs the dns request, but the webpage is not showing
up.

I can use a VIP for DNS server, but I though that master/slave
configuration was made in order to avoid to use a VIP.

Did you guys encounter that kind of issues ?
Maybe my slave server is not well configured ?

Regards,