Block some users with Bind9

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:26:57 UTC 2012

> well on a dns level will be nice to block it but if the user will have
> access to some dns anywhere in the world in any way he can just use some
> basic browser tricks to make this dns setup stupid.
>
> i think it's better to use a proxy\fw to block these sites.
> you can use let say squid and use some nice and good acls to do all your
> the tricks you need.
>
> Regards,
> Eliezer

My idea was block all DNS except the bind9 who has this filter. blocking
port 53 will we enought?

I'm using squid but in transparent mode.

I'm reading about this. If i find the solution i will post. Have a lot
of work to read!

Best regards.

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4951-0203 Interno 4
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar