using 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf

Jon A. continualuse2u at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:17:19 UTC 2012

I also use loopback regularly if running a localhost resolver; in fact I
use a script that goes as far as changing resolv.conf if it detects an
interface address instead of loopback.  [Our rules require listening on
loopback minimally here]

If you do use it, I recommend you make sure you don't have "options rotate"
set as that'll cause confusion as it's most likely not your intent if
you're running a nameserver locally.