Slave DNS

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Sat Jul 21 19:07:52 UTC 2012

On 21/07/12 20:03, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
>> I find it realy annoying, if I have ask every time the owner of the Slave,
>> to add a new zone.
> Assuming your version of BIND is new enough, look at `rndc addzone' with
> which you can add and remove zones at run-time w/out having to edit
> `named.conf'.
>

>         -JP

IIRC that will add the zone to the master, the question, as I heard it,
was to add it to the slave server, to avoid disturbing the owner of
the slave to manually editing the slave config.

I don't recall any possibility to do this, a new zone on the master may
have it's own set of slaves, unlike any previous, so there is no way to
automagically stuff a new zone into "some" slaves.

Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting:

       "MALE BOVINE MANURE!!!"