RHEL, Centos, Fedora rpm vs ISC bind versions

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Wed Jul 18 07:28:15 UTC 2012

Den 2012-07-16 02:29, Drunkard Zhang skrev:
> 2012/7/16 Eivind Olsen <eivind at aminor.no>:
>> Den 15. juli 2012 kl. 16:57 skrev Benny Pedersen <me at junc.org>:
>>
>>> change to gentoo/funtoo ?
>>
>> Some might prefer to run the same Linux distribution on all their
>> servers, changing to something like Gentoo just to get BIND running
>> seems a bit overkill.

not if its working imho

> For critical services, I advice you to run different distros of
> Linux,
> or at least different version of same distro. And fixing of bind in
> Gentoo is extremly timely, generally within 48 hours when a bug
> confirmed.

i wish it was this time manaer on dns servers that still try to keep
ttl low, and later claims there servers is not performing well to ones
dns load :/

or even that lame resolvers try to get dns names from there own zones

> Debug is easy too, you can easily add RESTRICT="-strip" to disable
> final strip, so you got debugable binaries. ;)

very geekelble :)

i think its more usefull to talk about:

emerge --buildpkgonly bind

on the dev box