DNSSEC for NS delegation record

Marc Lampo marc.lampo at eurid.eu
Wed Jul 18 06:34:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

(the “easiest” way)

1)      The admins of sub1.testing.net. should generate ZSK and KSK.
à The “parent” cannot do this for the “child”

2)      You do not need the “key file*s*” of the child, in the parent.
If, by using the plural form, you mean both public (.key) and private
(.private) file.

3)      The easiest way : using the bind tools (and this is the bind
mailing list)
the child will find a “dsset-
” file after signing its zone
à the parent can include *this* file in its “testing.net” zone

Alternatively :
The child can provide the public part of the KSK
and, using the bind tool dnssec-dsfromkey the parent can obtain the DS
records itself.

4)      How to include :
you are already using “$INCLUDE” statements now, so, include the file with
DS info, I’d say.

One additional comment :

By signing the child – “sub1.testing.net.” – only, not much will happen,
for DNSSEC.
You need to complete the chain of trust by also signing the parent –
“testing.net.” -
and having its DS information published in its parent – “net.” !

Kind regards,

Marc Lampo

Security Officer

EURid