bind 9.9 & inline-signing issue..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon Jan 30 23:30:31 UTC 2012

   Hello Evan,

 As you probably saw from the other posts on the subject, the hint of taking
and telling named to reload just the specific zone, and not just a general
reload of all zones did indeed correct the problem.

 As you mentioned, even a hard restart of the named process would not cause
a resign of the zone, and not that I did it the last time around, but for
sure removing the journal files and .signed zone file would cause named to
update from the unsigned file and then the signed data would be correct.

 So I guess that asks the question, what is different between doing an 'rndc
reload' vs doing an 'rndc reload <zone>', as performing the latter will
correct the problem it seems with the .signed zones.  I know for a fact the
serial was updated over here, as I knew not changing that would cause it to
think nothing changed, or that was my belief.  You really would think that
doing a full reload on all zones, would have the same exact effect as
reloading only one, but apparently not.

---
Howard Leadmon