bind 9.9 & inline-signing issue..

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun Jan 29 21:37:14 UTC 2012

I agree with you. I took your example and installed bind 9.9.0b2
I also updated my 'soa' in the unsigned...

Am getting the following in my log...
Jan 29...: zone test1.co.za/IN (unsigned): loaded serial 2012012901
Jan 29...: zone test1.co.za/IN (signed): loaded serial 2011110105
(DNSSEC signed)

Also couldn't quite figure how to make this an NSEC3 signed zone from
inception so stuck (by 'hand')....
IN	NSEC3PARAM 1 0 5 B9A3F38D
into my unsigned zone. The "signed" zone seems to be NSEC though....

I also see...
$TTL 0  ; 0 seconds
                        TYPE65534 \# 5 ( 08467D0001 )
                        TYPE65534 \# 5 ( 0896730001 )
appearing on a secondary for this zone. What is it?
(Yes - an unknown data type - the secondary is running bind 9.8)

Next: an 'rndc sync' didn't tidy up the zones .jnl file (much to my
disappointment)
Lastly - how does one 'view' the 'raw' format of a zone file?

I think a few examples would have helped in the documentation?