Can we stop emitting an error for managed-keys.bind?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jan 25 03:35:31 UTC 2012

I know that this has come up in the past, but it came up again, so here
I go again. :)

If you do not enable dnssec (I hesitate to say "by default," but I
believe it is accurate) you get the following:

<daemon.err> named[10001]: managed-keys-zone ./IN: loading from master
file managed-keys.bind failed: file not found

That shouldn't be an error message, since named isn't actually going to
use the file. The error message itself causes unnecessary user
confusion. If there is general agreement that this error shouldn't be
printed I'm happy to raise a bug about it.

Thanks,

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.