RFC 6303 vs. BIND: NS ... has no address records (A or AAAA)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jan 12 14:10:32 UTC 2012

Sten Carlsen <stenc at s-carlsen.dk> wrote:

> Good news is that you should simplify your bogon list, lots of those
> addresses are now actually in use; e.g. I have regular visits on my
> pages by 2.x.x.x as they are now mostly handed out (local ISP here) and
> in legitimate use.

My bogon list only includes IPv4 addresses that will never be allocated.
In particular it does not include 2.0.0.0/8. See also RFC 6441.

The situation is somewhat different for IPv6 since 3000::/4 is on
my bogon list though it is available for allocation. However it'll be a
while before IANA runs out of space in 2000::/4.

Tony.
Humber, Thames: West 6 to gale 8 veering northwest 5 to 7, occasionally 4 in
Thames. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in northeast Humber. Rain
then showers. Moderate or good.