DNSSEC made simple, is this possible?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 17:09:48 UTC 2012

On 11/01/12 17:04, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

> Not that this is honestly so hard, however. I have played with it at
> home some and the ns-update command means that you can still at least do
> this manually fairly easily from the command line. Is my read on that
> correct?

Performing a dynamic DNS update is not hard.

Integrating it into a workflow - might be a lot harder, depending on
your workflow.

(As it happens, we have used dynamic DNS to drive SQL -> DNS updates for
years now, primarily to gain the benefits of incremental updates)

Something like Tony's "nsdiff" script (see his post) makes it relatively
easy, but it's still "another step". Personally I would encourage the OP
to investigate dynamic DNS, but it's clear not everyone wants to - hence
ISC have implemented inline-signing.