Configuring Bind on a dynamic ip, DDNS.

Eduardo Bonsi beartcom at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 10 20:31:45 UTC 2012

Hello all. I had to cancel my static external ip because my ISP wants
too much money for it and it did not justify to pay for that kind of
price since we are a small firm. I tried to negotiate but we all know
how hard is to convince a corporate monopoly executive to get down from
the clouds to reality.

So, I have my server configured and working fine internally using BIND
and I have OpenDNS also working and updating the dynamic ip changes from
my ISP. My questions are: -How do I go about configuring the domain
using bind to catch the external dynamic ip given from my ISP both on my
DNS Server and at the parent?

Right now I have my external ip temporarily configured as 0.0.0.0
This external dynamic ip pass through the router and gives resolution to
access the internet.
What I need is to make the 0.0.0.0 = external dynamic ip given from my
ISP to fit to 0.0.0.0 whatever it update at OpenDNS. Then make whatever
dynamic ip = to my domain.

Is there a way to configure that using BIND?
Has anyone here done that successfully could give some insides on the
configuration?

Thanks!
--
BEARTCOMMUNICATIONS