Is bind support conditionally resolution?

Peter Andreev andreev.peter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:28:19 UTC 2012

2012/1/10 Drunkard Zhang <gongfan193 at gmail.com>

> I am designing a big deploy system, which will implement via DNS. The
> demond is misc, one of them is conditionally resolve, which means that
> if one CDN node near unavailable, or latency increased significantly,
> no matter why, I want bind to give another second best result, which
> located in distant places.
>
> Is bind support this natively? Or I have to write external program?
>
> If bind doesn't support, is there any other DNS impletions I can try?

As Matus said DNS is not a good place for such magick. Nonetheless you can
use Bind with DLZ and some third-party script/program which will change
database entries depending on reachability or latency.
May be you should look at PowerDNS, it has something called "Dynamic
resolution" and its resolver has scripting support.

AP