NAPTR Catch-all

Doug doug at wd.co.za
Tue Jan 10 06:16:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I did try the following:

7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.*

Which sadly did not work. Below is an example of queries that I would
typically need to process. In all examples, the number will be the same,
its just the domain portion that will change based on the environment:

7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.domain1.com
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.domain2.com
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.domain3     (intentionally left this one without a .tld)
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.domain4
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.domain5
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.127.0.0.1
7.7.7.5.2.1.4.4.9.9.8.1.2.196.43.1.1

While the above is only a few examples and seems to be fairly simple to put together, the domains will change dramatically, which makes it quite an administrative task to keep building authoritative zones for each domain - thats why I was hoping it might be possible to achieve this via a wildcard.

Many thanks
Doug