forwarding "@" to a different domain?

enigmedia (onl) online-reg at enigmedia.com
Mon Jan 9 14:50:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:11:19 +0000 "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner at water.com>
wrote

> Just as a follow on to that prior thread.
>
> I was able to setup the CNAME for www and * at the Registrar without A

records as indicated.  Unfortunately the * at registrar equated to "*."

Meaning for example ftp.mydomain.com would work with that CNAME but the
> domain
itself, mydomain.com, would not.   Despite the ecommerce vendor
> (Amazon
ultimately) saying one should NOT setup A records their response to
> us was to
leave the two CNAMES (www and *) in place and setup an 3 A records
> for the
domain itself.

Thanks Jeff: I ended up setting up a website with a permanent
redirect on my webserver server to the shopify server...hopefully that will
work.

bind-users-bounces+jlightner=water.com at lists.isc.org