ddns and views

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 08:56:23 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 07:42 AM, Psychobyte wrote:
> Sorry,  I didn't mean rndc I meant DDNS updates. in particular using the
> Perl Net::DNS module.

DDNS works the same way as every other DNS packet with views; the "view"
"match" statement determines which view you are talking to.

The match statement can match a client TSIG key. Therefore, if you use
TSIG with your DDNS, you can use two keys - one for view A, one for view B.

Usual disclaimer: views are complicated, don't use them if you have to,
yada yada. There are examples of using TSIG and views in the list archives.