HIP record

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sun Feb 19 23:51:03 UTC 2012

In message <20120219210232.GB6056 at miek.nl>, Miek Gieben writes:
> [ Quoting <marka at isc.org> at 07:45 on Feb 20 in "Re: HIP record..." ]
> > > But I have another query then. Is there a difference between:
> > >
> > > blah ( bla1
> > > bla2
> > > )
> > >
> > > and:
> > >
> > > blah ( bla1
> > >  bla2
> > > )
> > >
> > > In other words: is the space significant in the second example?
> >
> > no.
>
> Ok, that's in line with RFC 1035. But I'm confused now, if that space is
> not significant, BIND should be able to correctly parse the HIP record
> as emailed before (and not try to recognize it as an ownername) ?

The presence of white space is significant, not whether the whitespace
asked me if there was any difference between "<linebreak>" or
"<linebreak> + <space>" and there isn't.

And before you ask for named to be made to work with a base64 key
broken up arbitarially how many rendevous servers are there in this
example?

www     IN  HIP ( 2 200100107B1A74DF365639CC39F1D578
		  AwEA Abdx yhNu Sutc 5EMz xTs9 LBPC
		  IkOF H8cI vM4p 9+Lr V4e1 9WzK 00+C
		  I6zB CQTd tWsu xKbW Iy87 UOoJ TwkU
		  s7lB u+Up r1gs Nrut 79ry ra+b SRGQ
		  b1sl ImA8 YVJy uIDs j7kw zG7j nERN
		  qnWx Z48A Wksk mdHa VDP4 Bcel rTI3
		  rMXd XF5D QWER rSv1 RsV2 )

The examples can not be cut-and-pasted.  They need to have the
public key turned into a single string first.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org