Disabling A records for IPv6?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Dec 28 22:06:12 UTC 2012

Truly, one should be fixing the applications not mucking with DNS responses. DNS servers do not know the purpose of the A record lookup so changing it in the server may break other applications.  Additionally doing this will break applications using DNSSEC.

There is no good reason to be  IPv6 only in production yet. Now is the time to be testing and getting things fixed not introducing kludges like this. Complain to the vendor if the application does "stupid shit". That way they know they need to fix their products.

Mark