Caching name server - Choosing the root-servers

Can Şirin sirincan at itu.edu.tr
Fri Dec 14 09:00:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

I would like to set up a caching only name server but besides that I want also to edit named.root by this means limit the root hints. I mean, choosing the faster ones (root-servers) is gonna be better for speed performans. I had a study on it and I realise that even if you edit the root hints file, named service is checking the other root-servers' ns from the first one in named.root.  Is there any way to configure the caching name server in the way of I think. Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Can Şirin