ho to filter hundeds of domains ?

Rick Coloccia coloccia at geneseo.edu
Thu Aug 30 14:33:00 UTC 2012

add this line to /etc/named.conf

include "locallyblockeddomains.zones";

contents of locallyblockeddomains.zones:

// This bind zone is intended to be included in a running dns server for
a local net
//
// It will return a 127.0.0.1 for the domains listed as malware
//
//  This is for locally determined domains we want blocked
//
//
zone "r.im"  {type master; file "/etc/namedb/blockeddomain.hosts";};
<snipped many more out>
zone "emailupgrader.clan.su" {type master;file
"/etc/named/blockeddomain.hosts";};

this is the /etc/namedb/blockeddomain.hosts file:

$TTL    86400   ; one day

@       IN      SOA     ns1.geneseo.edu coloccia.geneseo.edu (
                         2007112601      ; serial
                         28800           ; refresh  8 hours
                         7200            ; retry    2 hours
                         864000          ; expire  10 days
                         86400 )         ; min ttl  1 day

                 IN      NS      ns1.geneseo.edu.
                 A       127.0.0.1
*               IN      A       127.0.0.1
*               IN      AAAA    ::1
; This zone will kill all traffic to a listed domain

Done.

Add domains you want blocked to the locallyblockeddomains.zones file.

-Rick