Problem with ACL in named.conf

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Aug 30 02:09:56 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 04:02 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> A plain address in a acl is shorthand for address/32 or address/128
> depending apon the address type.  While they are visually similar
> the two list are functionally very different.

Mark,

I understand the "behind the scenes" reasons why the 2 things are
handled differently. But I still think it would be awesome to have a new
kind of list that accepts bare IP addresses, and can be used inside both
allow-transfer and also-notify. It's a really common issue to need to
configure the same list for both, and having to do it twice in the first
place, and then keep it updated twice down the road, really screams out
for a programmatic solution.

Doug