Problem with ACL in named.conf

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Aug 30 01:42:24 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 03:25 PM, GS Bryan wrote:
> Then when I put the 'alladdr' thing in my 'allow-transfer' and
> 'also-notify' arguments,

also-notify does not take an acl. The ARM will give you more information
on the grammar.

That said, this is a very annoying problem that I wish there was a
better solution for. I used to build my conf files with m4 to work
around this, but that was a big hammer for a very large installation.
You might be able to do something simpler by putting notes in the conf
to remind people who update 1 area to also update the other.

Doug