Version statement...

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Sun Aug 19 15:55:02 UTC 2012

Jeremy, it is exactly as you asked.  Apparently the "real" version is displayed using certain commands, and the "user-defined" version is displayed in other places.

I have since learned that you get different version output from dig, named -v, and a dns query and the version statement only affects specific outputs.  So it depends on how it's queried.  That doesn't seem clear in the documentation unless I missed it...thus my confusion.

Jeff