getaddrinfo and TTL

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sun Aug 5 11:59:29 UTC 2012

Phil Mayers writes:
> If you want TTL, you will need to use DNS-specific functions like the
> res_*
> API. You need to be sure you are querying the master, otherwise the TTL
> will be the one from cache, not the "real" value.

	I appreciate this information as it sounds like I am
using the wrong tool for the job. I only want to look up an A
record by name and have the fields in a structure, evaluate
those data and then possibly delete that record or or write a
new one that has been modified. I thought that getaddrinfo was
what I needed to use to do essentially a nslookup in C.

Martin