Split DNS and zone transfers

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 16 15:46:29 UTC 2012

On 16/04/12 16:36, Eric Chandler wrote:

> Now, what I would like to have are slave servers that would zone-xfer
> both the internal and external-flavored files for example.com and serve

You need to use TSIG keys, and match on key rather than IP address. This
comes up on the list from time to time, and is in a/the FAQ.

(Or don't do this, and solve the problem another way ;o)

See:

http://www.isc.org/software/bind/faq

"My slave server for both an internal and an external view has both
views transferred from the same master view - how to resolve?"