Listen-on question

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 12:56:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:14:55PM +0300, Perazim wrote:
> I am trying to configure bind to run on a router running openwrt
> linux. My question is whether one can use a network interface name
> like "wan" instead of the ip address in listen-on?

Nope. See:
Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2578392 ::

[ listen-on [ port ip_port ] { address_match_list }; ]

and then Bv9ARM.ch06.html#address_match_lists ::

address_match_list = address_match_list_element ;
  [ address_match_list_element; ... ]
address_match_list_element = [ ! ] (ip_address [/length] |
   key key_id | acl_name | { address_match_list } )

Read on through "Definition and Usage".

What is the real-world problem you want to solve here? If your wan
interface is a dynamic IP address, it is not usable as a NS host.
Internal interfaces have static IP addresses, right?