journal rollforward failed: journal out of sync with zone

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:46:30 UTC 2012

On Apr 12, 2012, at 5:19 AM, Bryton wrote:

> Not at all.Everything is automated via cron.Zone is generated from one
> server cron pushes to another then cron reload bind...

Figure out why you're getting a journal file. If you need to have a journal file (i.e. you need whatever mechanism caused it to be created), then you have to get rid of your cron job, or modify how it works. Arbitrarily replacing a zone file when there's a journal file can cause exactly the problem you're seeing.

Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks