DSN for Matus...

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 20:59:31 UTC 2012

On 4/6/2012 3:36 PM, Thomas Dupas wrote:
> and I would suggest dropping rfc-ignorant.org <http://rfc-ignorant.org>
> entirely from your anti-spam flow, unless you are keen on the very high false
> positive rate.

Their listings are fairly accurate-- if postmaster@ or abuse@ doesn't work for
a domain, then listing them is perfectly correct, but the question is what
that means.

It's probably better to use rfc-ignorant RBLs for scoring purposes, rather
than as an absolute pass/fail test, even if you whitelist popular domains.

> Their "rules" don't make sense anymore in 2012, for example: they have
> blacklisted all .be, .eu, .dk, (and many more) addresses because the direct
> whois doesn't reveal the email data of the registrant.

Internet domains are public (by definition): it's perfectly reasonable to
expect there to exist a published point of contact available via WHOIS.

That said, I also do not care for the notion of blacklisting entire TLDs...

Regards,
--
-Chuck