updating Bind made it slower

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Tue Sep 27 13:18:51 UTC 2011

> It is not clear in your question, are you use "rndc reload" or "rndc
> reload zone.name"? Latter will be faster in case if you change one or
> few zones in one pass of your updating-script.

I generate from my database the complete named.conf, especially including new zones and then trigger a "rndc reload" to make this new config activ.

This process is now taking much more time, leading to outages in the DNS-service :-(

I'll try to replace it with rndc reconfig. Not sure if this really is sufficient.

Tom.