I can dig a domain but named won't resolve it.

Keith Burgoyne keith at silverorange.com
Fri Sep 23 13:35:51 UTC 2011

Niall,

Thanks very much for linking me to that article. It turns out
extremehosting.ca blocks incoming connections on port 53 which also
originate on 53. I've disabled the outgoing source port restrictions and
all is well again.

Also, securing against a cache poisoning vulnerability is a nice side
effect of this problem/solution.

Thanks again!

Keith