Problems with nic.it

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Sep 20 07:58:34 UTC 2011

	[Not really a BIND matter, but ...]

On 20 Sep 2011, at 08:20, Lucio Crusca wrote:

>  Hence I wonder if there
> existed any public DNS checker that could check a DNS which is not the NS
> pointed server yet, so that I could check the new DNS myself before submitting
> a new NS record change and going through the hassle of waiting nic.it
> automated checks, eventual failure and assistance from my hosting provider.
>
> Is there such a thing?

	I think the checking tool at
	http://dnscheck.iis.se/?test=undelegated
	may be what you need.

	You may find it useful to read the explanation at
	http://dnscheck.iis.se/?faq=1&test=undelegated#f16
	before running a test.

	Another good checking tool may be found at www.zonecheck.fr,
	but it's less obvious (to me) how to use it for your immediate
	purpose.

	I hope this helps.

	Best regards,
	Niall O'Reilly