Correct SRV configuration

Piotr Pawlowski piotr.pawlowski at goyello.com
Sun Sep 18 14:46:06 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I have named 9.2.4 . Everything is working fine. Unfortunately yesterday I faced issue with setting up SRV record.
Below is how I tried to configure it for MS Lync service:
_sip._tls        3600    IN    SRV    100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com.
_sipfederationtls._tcp    3600    IN    SRV    100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.
Everything looks like it is described in RFC2782:

Here is the format of the SRV RR, whose DNS type code is 33:
_Service._Proto.Name TTL Class SRV Priority Weight Port Target

The point is, that when I ask domain for SRV  record I receive:
$ host -t SRV goyello.com
goyello.com has no SRV record

Does anybody know where I made a mistake?
Thank you in advance for a help and tips.

Best Regards
--
Piotr Pawlowski