Setting Up Permissions

Stephen Grant Brown stephengrantbrown at mcmedia.com.au
Thu Oct 20 04:47:06 UTC 2011

Hi All,
In the readme1st.txt files that comes with Bind 9.8.1 for Windows I read
With BIND running under an account name it is necessary for all
files and directories that BIND uses to have permissions set up for
the named account if the files are on an NTFS disk. BIND requires
that the account have read and write access to the directory for
the pid file, any files that are maintained either for slave zones
or for master zones supporting dynamic updates. The account will
also need read access to the named.conf and any other file that it
needs to read.
I have looked for the named account but cannot find it.
Can someone explain this in more detail please? Or at least point me to a more informative explanatoon?

Yours sincerely Stephen Grant Brown