Mixing Algorithms for DNSSEC

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Oct 15 20:31:02 UTC 2011

True - no problem with a handful of zones.

Now assume a few thousand being automated from some script.

Wonder if OpenDNSSEC handles this at all?

OK - so I've rewritten my script to not worry (Don't Panic) - just keep
using the monthly KSK's with RSASHA1 until it sees a ZSK with the
RSASHA256 algorithm - then just switch over to creating KSK's with
RSASHA256 as well.

I just never knew switching Algorithms would bite me. No one ever told
me.