BIND/named on VM

Brad Bendily Brad.Bendily at LA.GOV
Fri Oct 14 18:03:26 UTC 2011

> I would like to setup latest BIND/named [slaves] within
> VMware environment - is there any implications I should be aware of?
> Since I saw some issues running NTPd on VMware - thinking may
> be 'named' might have similar issues...

None for me. I have been running my secondary on VMWare for about
a year and no issues with named. Before that it was running on xen
for a couple years and no issues there either.
A couple months ago I consolidated and external and internal DNS (using views)
to the one server on VMWare and added extra IPs and it works great.
I'm glad I only have to manage things on the one server now.

bb