DNSSEC Signing & Key Questions

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Oct 4 19:37:44 UTC 2011

McConville, Kevin <kmcconville at albany.edu> wrote:

> 1)  Is there any way to have the zsk be auto-generated based upon the
> inactive date listed in the zsk meta-data?

Not yet, though I believe this feature is on the wish list.

> 2)  With a static zone, are the update-policy local and auto-dnssec
> maintain options invalid/don't work? From the docs, they look like they
> are only for automation of dynamic zones?

Correct.

> 3)  Are there any ways to automate zone signing and zsk
> generation/roll-over with a totally static zone environment?

You can wait for BIND 9.9 and its inline-signing feature. Alternatively,
create a separate live dynamic zone and use something like my nsdiff
script to feed changes from your static zone file into it.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/conf/bind/bin/nsdiff

Tony.
Fair Isle, Faeroes: Southwest 6 to gale 8, decreasing 5 or 6 later. High,
becoming very rough. Rain or squally showers. Moderate or good, occasionally
poor.